- There will be a review of all available previous school records.
- There must be evidence of the student’s ability to profit from TCIS’s program. (admission/placement testing is conducted for all new students)
- There must be current openings at a given grade level.
- The minimum age for pre-kindergarten is four years as of 1st September at the start of the current school year. Minimum age for Kindergarten is 5 Years as of 1st September and so on…
- In the upper school divisions, placement is generally determined by age and by the last successfully completed grade indicated on school records. Along with age and previous achievement, there must be successful admission/ placement testing.
- In cases of concern, a student may be admitted on a conditional status.
- All classes are generally constructed in a heterogeneous fashion; parental requests for specific teachers and/or classes are not accepted.
Many students come to us from schools that utilize evaluation and grade placement systems different from TCIS. Because of this, it is imperative that a careful review of records from previous schools be conducted in order to place students in the appropriate grades. The Registrar will provide the initial screening with the Principal for each division making the final assessment.
The school retains the right to deny admission to any student dismissed from other schools or those who do not meet our admission requirements.
Withdrawals, like admissions, can occur throughout the school year. We would advise parents to always withdraw their child at the end of a school year.
However, when it is known by a parent that his or her child must withdraw, a letter stating intent and the final day of enrollment is required from the parent. The student also completes a withdrawal form a week before his or her final day. This is to ensure that all textbooks, library books, or other instructional material have been returned. Once materials are returned and all outstanding fees are paid; the school records can be released.
Tuition and fees must be paid in advance each semester before students may enter classes.
Inquiries about this may be made to the Head of Accounts/accounts office.