TCIS Student Behaviour
The stakeholders (teachers, students, parents, administration, support personnel, and community) of The Centagon International School (TCIS) work together to create and maintain a safe environment that promotes learning. This supports our school Mission Statement.
Beliefs and Value Statements on Student Behaviour
• All children can exhibit/demonstrate appropriate behaviour
• Children do best with positive reinforcement
• School should be a safe and secure environment for all
• Parents should be actively responsible and accountable for their children's education through support and involvement in the school community
• There is a positive relationship between learning and school attendance
TCIS is committed to, and believes that, a safe and secure environment is essential so that all students can learn. Student behavior impacts student achievement. We are committed, as a school, to model respect for all people and provide instructional opportunities to assist children as they learn to live in a diverse society.
Behaviour research suggests that achievement is directly affected by student behaviour and that fairness and consistency are keys to a successful discipline plan.
• Be respectful to others - Are my actions showing respect toward others and my surroundings? (i.e. using appropriate language.)
• Be safe in all situations - Are my actions keeping myself and others safe? (i.e. keeping hands and feet to myself, not running.)
• Be courteous - Are my actions helping to make others feel welcome and accepted? (i.e. treating others as I would like to be treated.)
• Be honest - Are my actions representing the truth? (i.e. not stealing or cheating.)
TCIS uses assertive discipline. This means that each child is expected to control his/her own behaviour. Positive recognition is given to students who make appropriate behavioural choices. A succession of consequences is given for students who do not behave appropriately.
The following components are included in the School-Wide Behaviour Management Plan for TCIS:
TCIS common code for student behaviour:“Respect for self, others, and environment through care, courtesy, and cooperation”.
Respect for Self
Respect for Others
We all have a right to feel safe and be part of this school. This includes the right to work in a clean, safe environment - please respect others' right to this.
Respect for the Environment
The Centagon International School © Copyrights, 2022 All Rights Reserved